The Greater Los Angeles Chapter of the Association of Legal Administrators (GLA ALA) is the local source for education, resources and networking for more than 350 members and serves business of law leaders throughout Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, Ventura and Riverside counties.
GLA ALA's Mission
The purposes of the Chapter are stated in its Bylaws:
- to promote the exchange of information regarding the administration and management problems peculiar to legal organizations, including private law offices, corporate legal departments, government legal and judicial organizations, and public service legal groups;
- to educate representatives of legal organizations regarding the value and availability of professional administrators; and to consider standards of qualifications for such administrators;
- to develop and promote continuing education programs;
- to make available upon request members who specialize in specific areas of administration for consulting purposes within the membership;
- to support the goals and programs of the Association of Legal Administrators where consistent with the goals and purposes of the Chapter; and
- to participate in any other way in the advancement of legal administration.
GLA ALA is an active Chapter. We host educational events featuring speakers at the local and national level covering topics regarding all aspects of legal business administration from human resources and leadership to finance and technology. GLA ALA with the assistance of its Business Partners, offers members a platform to gather information about the latest trends effecting all kinds of legal organizations from firms with small, multi-office or international operations, to those with a governmental, corporate or institutional focus. GLA ALA also offers wonderful networking opportunities to include its Community Connection program, which benefits local charities.
We welcome you to our web site and encourage your feedback.